Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's Day Pennant


These are pretty easy to make, just a little time consuming with all the triangle cutting. But they sure look cute when you hang them up, which makes it all worth it!

Supplies:
  • scrapbook paper
  • mod podge 
  • glue (elmer's glue works just fine)
  • glitter
  • paper cutter, or scissors
  • ribbon
  • chipboard pennants {from any craft store}
  • distress ink
  • twine
  • hole punch


1. Trace your triangle onto your scrapbook paper, then cut it out.


2. Mod podge the paper onto your chipboard. (I mod podged both sides of mine, but you can just do one side and it will save you some time...especially if you aren't hanging yours in a window and no one will see the other side) I also hole punched mine after this step.


3. After you let the mod podge dry, distress the edges with your favorite distress ink



4. I then put glue all around the edges of the triangle and sprinkled glitter all around it


5. While you are waiting for the glitter to dry, cut out a bunch of 5 inch pieces of ribbon. (I put 4-5 pieces between each triangle, so I used about 32 pieces.)

6. When everything is dry, string together all the pieces with twine (or ribbon, yarn, whatever you want or have on hand really)

7. Attach the ribbon by just tying a knot and letting the edges go wild. (I didn't add ribbon on the outside triangles...you can see what I mean by the picture) And you're done!





**To see how I made the Subway art, click here!

17 comments:

  1. how stinkin' cute is this??? i'm really excited about your craft blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pumped I'm making one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FabuLESS Work!!

    You've been featured on FabuLESSly Crafty today... Be sure to come grab a button!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Modge podge and distressing ink ~ two of my favorite things! Stop by and say HI sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something so whimsical about bunting...and yours is super adorable!
    I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award!
    Please visit my blog for rules on how to accept.
    Cheers!
    Theresa
    http://alliswellathome.blogspot.com/2011/02/ive-been-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that is fan-flippin'-tastic!!! Even I can make that since it doesn't involve sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVElove!! but, maybe i should go ahead and make a spring version since i am already so far behind!! your tutorial was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curious, where did you get your subway art from? It looks great up there on your shelves.
    AL from Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha, funny. I was just making one of these for the 1st time tonight & wishing I had a tutorial to show me how to string them up! Glad I found yours, thanks! VERY cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine, I adore your project!!! The materials look simple enough, and that distressing ink, really is magic. WOW, what a difference it makes. I'm totally digging your valentines mantle, it is so pretty!!!

    I also LOVE LOVE LOVE your button, about the hungry husband, because its soooooo true, can we mention hungry kids too, lol. I"m TOTALLY just kidding btw, but it is funny. :)

    Thank you for being my newest follower, and finding your way to my blog, I'm so happy you did.

    Keep your eye out to see if you'll be FEATURED next week, in my new sidebar feature section. :)

    Did you see my post about making a card for our soldiers??? You should really see if you can help out with this, I bet you could come up with something really special!!! Read about it HERE.



    THANKS so much for linking up to **AMAZE ME AUGUST**I love having you, and thanks to you, I'm getting close to my goal of having 100 link ups, YAYYY.



    Oh and PLEASE don't forget to come enter the giveaway from LUXE BLVD, she is now offering a $20.00 store CREDIT, so you can pick ANYTHING you want, how AWESOME right?? I would be so very thankful for the support, and so would STEPH !!!!



    Hugs, 
Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've put together a final round up of Valentine projects on Craft Gossip and included your fun post here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/25-valentine-crafts-wreaths/

    If you would like to share the Craft Gossip love and show your visitors you've been featured, you can grab a button here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/valentines-day-pennant/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete